Have you ever gotten yourself into an energetic “funk?” You know that place…where things stop working for you; you feel frustrated; and you spin your wheels or simply keep swimming upstream?
Yep, we all get there.
Mercury is retrograde as I write this, and we keep getting blasted with solar flares which can certainly affect our moods; so if you’re feeling a little energetically “funky” right now, shift your energy from within and get back into your flow!
Here are 5 ways that can help:
- Get your energy moving.When we get into the emotional “blahs” and find ourselves in an energetic funk, the best thing to do is get up and move.It can be hard to find the physical energy to do that, and we sometimes have to really fight the urge to plop ourselves down on the couch and wait for this to pass; but take it from me, that tactic doesn’t really work!
So get up and move your energy! You may not feel like it, but it will help. Go for a walk or get up and dance…literally shake it off!
Put on some music that you like – something with a good beat. The vibration of the music will also help you shift your energy!
- Do a little heart-centered breath work.One of the quickest ways to shift your energy is to breathe throughyour heart. Simply place your hand on your heart center and tune-in. See if you can feel your heart beat and sink into that.Then, bringing your full awareness into your heart space…breath.
Find a natural rhythm where your breath moves through your heart space. Keep bringing yourself back into your heart if your head pulls you out, and simply let your heart expand and contract with your breath. Give the energy in your heart more space. And allow any emotions to flow and let go as needed.
And when you find that lovely “sweet spot” of positive emotions, stay there and breathe it into yourself and out into the world!
The heart produces a powerful rhythmic electromagnetic field, and research search shows that our heart’s field changes distinctly as we experience different emotions. By focusing on our hearts through our breath, we can connect to this field intentionally and help bring it into a state of resonance with our highest vibration.
- Run your energy and keep it flowing.Especially when we’re processing emotional energy, it can feel as though we’re in some kind of funky energy detox. Our energy needs to run and clear out as we release the old energetic patterns as we process and integrate new energetic information.Learning how to work with our energy, I think, is a key component to staying in the flow these days.
Working with your energy takes moving your awareness inward, surrendering your mind, and trusting your perception of your energy. And we all have a way of sensing our own energy.
So tune in and then think of your energy like a gentle stream, clearing out the blocks and old “gooey” energy that is ready to flow on out! See, sense or feel your energy moving, and with itthat funky mood can begin to shift!
Try my “Grounding and Energy Awareness” meditation to help you learn how to do this energy work. You want to get things moving on an energetic level to clear things on a vibrational level.
- Move from a place of “Me” to “We.” We’ve all probably heard that one of the best ways to get out of a funk is to shift into a giving mode and help someone else.And it’s true.
Service can be the best thing to open up our energy and shift our mood. Not only does it feel good, but it puts us into an energetic stance of service and support and connection, which fuels the heart.
Sometimes we get into an energetic funk when we lose a sense of deep connection. We often go through our days on auto-pilot, not really slowing down or fully connecting in a way that reaches into the parts of us that long for a deep connection that touches us at a Soul level. And when we get to that place, the only real remedy is soulful connection.
If you are in this kind of funk – which can feel like a deep longing – get out and be with people where you can really connect. It may be through good friends where you feel safe to talk about what has deep meaning for you, or reach out to a new community where you can explore your energy and emotional BE-ing in connection.
More and more we are finding we need this as our society isolates us. Deep meaningful connection will shift your energy every time!
- Actively change your frame of reference.Sometimes we have to pull ourselves up by our own boot straps, and actively change our frame of mind.Great ways to do this are things like gratitude journals or rants of appreciation.
Have you ever tried a rant of appreciation? It feels pretty darn good!
Here’s how to do it: Stand up, and RANT ON AND ON all about how amazing you are! And when you think you are done…keep going! And put a smile on your face as you do…that also raises your vibration!
You can do this rant all alone if you feel shy, but if you have someone who can witness your magnificence, that’s great!
Acknowledging what we do well changes us at a vibrational level.
Give it a try; it will shift your energy big time!
Shift your vibration when you feel that energetic “funk” and get back in your flow!
Tags: community, energetic funk, energy awareness, energy healing, energy work, gratitude journal, grounding, heart breath, heart breating, meditation, negative mood, rants of appreciation, resistance
Stacy Vajta is a master energy healer, helping Indigos and other energy-aware folks work with their energy and transform their lives. She's on a mission to help those who feel stuck get to the energetic root of the matter and expand! Visit her Expanded Pathways website.