Ready for another thought provoking (and fun) exercise to ponder this weekend? This one came out of my processing from last week’s “Weekend Wonderings” exercise.
Here’s a thought to spend this weekend wondering about, and to do a little journaling and energy work on.
Flow and Control
Take a moment and sit, ground and connect into your own energy…what’s going on within. And then think about an area of your life that you want to change. And then simply hold the question of “Where might ‘control’ come into the picture here?” Don’t answer this with your head, but tune into your energy or your inner experience. Just notice what shifts or presents itself with the question.
Now this may be felt as you controlling the situation or the outcome, or you feeling controlled and responding in some way to that. Or maybe even both!
But shine the light on how control becomes a player in what you want to change…and how you might be able to bring some flow into that energy. And keep in mind that control and taking action in our lives are not the same thing. I’m talking about the control that feels reactive, tight and not in the flow!
Spend some time with this…you can ask yourself these kinds of questions.
- Am I trying to control a certain aspect of my life? If yes, in what way?
- Do I feel like I am responding to being controlled? If so, how does that feel in my body?
- If you are feeling a response to someone’s need or desire (feeling controlled), how real is this? Can you bring your sense of power back into yourself?
- What emotions come up as you think about trying to control an outcome…or ward one off?
- What would happen if you let go of this control? Is there another way to achieve your outcome with less “force?”
- Spend 10 minutes dropping into surrender around this, just sitting quietly. How does that feel? How does that change your awareness?
Grab your journals and jot down what you need to process this, and get real! Be honest where you may be trying to control your experience. And set the intention to spend the next week in more flow, as you engage with those around you and in your own process.
And if you really want to play? Comment, or stop by the Expanded Pathways Facebook page and share your “aha’s!”
Transform yourself to transform your world. Can’t wait to see where you go with this. Think deep, have fun!
Stacy Vajta is a master energy healer, helping Indigos and other energy-aware folks work with their energy and transform their lives. She's on a mission to help those who feel stuck get to the energetic root of the matter and expand! Visit her Expanded Pathways website.